Basic V60 Brew Guide
A quick and simple Hario V60 recipe created by expert barista Catherine Seay for those starting their coffee making journey.
- Hario V60 Dripper 02
- Hario V60 Filter Paper 02
- Coffee Scoop
- Your favourite mug or coffee server
- 15g of coffee beans, ground for filter
- 250ml of water (full mug)
Tip: Making coffee for two people? Just double the amount of ground coffee and water. You’d also need to repeat the pouring procedure and use a coffee server instead of the mug.
- Place the V60 on top of the mug and put the filter paper in. Soak the whole paper with hot water to reduce the papery taste and empty your mug.
- Fill the scoop to the top with ground coffee and place in to the filter paper. Use a tablespoon if you cannot find a scoop.
- Boil the kettle, and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- In one quick motion, pour enough hot water to soak all the coffee grounds, then wait for around 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour over the remaining water over the coffee, making small circles. Stop when the water is ¾ of the way or 2 cm from the top.
- Wait for it to drain, allowing the coffee to cool down a little. This should take around 2.5 minutes.
- Drink and Enjoy.
Tip: Coffee grounds can be placed in the food waste or you can compost your flowers with it.